This is a great recipe to use leftover chicken and baked sweet potatoes. Don’t have leftovers? We’ll let you in on a little secret: the dish in the photograph above was made with a chicken breast from the deli section of the supermarket and a bag of frozen cubed sweet potatoes. And it was indeed hearty, and delicious!
Total Time: 23 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 13 min.
Yield: 4 servings
3 tsp. olive oil, divided use
1 medium onion, chopped
2 medium tart cooking apples (like Granny Smith or pippin), peeled, cored, finely chopped
2 cups cubed baked sweet potato, cut into cubes
¼ cup raisins
8 oz cooked chicken breast, boneless, skinless, chopped
1 tsp. chopped fresh sage
¼ tsp. sea salt
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
¼ tsp. paprika
1. Heat 1½ tsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion and apples; cook, stirring frequently, for 6 to 7 minutes, or until mixture begins to brown. Place in a large bowl.
3. Add potato, raisins, chicken, sage, salt, pepper, and paprika; mix well.
4. Heat remaining 1½ tsp. oil in skillet over medium heat.
5. Add apple mixture, pat into an even layer in pan; cook, without stirring, for 2 minutes.
6. Stir gently; cook an additional 2 minutes, or until it begins to brown. Serve immediately.