Anyone else have an insane sweet tooth? 🙋🏽
This entire pregnancy, baby girl has me craving everything sweet, so while dinner was in the oven, hubs helped me whip up some blueberry blender muffins and a batch of healthy chocolate chip almond flour cookies. 👍🏽
Here’s to starting the week off with yummy, healthy treats for baby girl and I. Oh, and the guys too. 😜
RECIPE inspired by my Fixate cookbook. Seriously, I have been following this portion control container system for over two years now and THESE are the kinds of recipes I get to enjoy and my challengers too! 😍
• Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
• Combine 3 cups almond flour, 1 tsp baking soda, and 1/4 Himalayan salt in a small bowl and mix well.
• In a separate, large bowl, beat 1/4 cup coconut oil melted and 1/4 cup pure maple syrup until creamy. Appx. 4 minutes or so! Then, into that same bowl, add in 1 large egg, 2 large egg whites, and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Beat for another 2 minutes with your electric handheld mixer.
• Into that bowl, add in your almond flour mixture and stir together until blended.
• Then, add in your 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips until just blended.
• Using a small cookie scoop or tbsp, scoop rounded into the baking sheet. Flatten if you want them MORE of a cookie shape.
• Bake for about 14-16 mins. 14 mins is perfection in my oven! You want them golden brown.
• Store in an airtight container and even freeze! They’re delicious that way!